20081002

USC Ranks 8th in Sexual Health...



Good morning,

The University of South Carolina's Gamecock Newspaper just published a really interesting article about the University of South Carolina ranking eighth out of 139 colleges in Trojan's Top 10 Most Sexually Healthy Schools.

The scores were based on factors such as HIV and STD testing, availability of contraceptives and condoms, sexual assault programs, health center hours of operation, lecture programs, website usability, and student opinions of the health center. According to the story, this is the first time student's ideas have been included in the polling process, which will hopefully help to initiate more frequent conversation about reproductive health services on campus.


Check out the story
here, and leave a comment right here at the TellThem! Blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it is really cool that my school ranked 8th in the nation. I fell the staff at USC's student heatlh center STRIVES to address our overall health, and you can see that in the services they provide to the students. I love that there is a treasure chest on the first floor filled with condoms that you can just walk in and grab as many as you need and stroll out. When I was in the health center I saw a student do just that, at first I was startled at her boldness, but now I feel nothing but respect for a woman who is taking control of her sexual health!